With the spring housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head to American University Park.
For the last few years, AU Park has been one of the fastest-moving and most competitive housing markets in DC, and in 2019, it might be leading the way for both those attributes. As the selection of statistics below show, homes are selling extremely quickly and for well above asking price in the neighborhood which results in it having one of the lowest supplies of homes for sale in the city.
- 104% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes that sold this year in AU Park.
- 78% -- The percentage of homes in AU Park that sold in ten days or less this year.
- $1,316,364 -- The average price for a detached house with four or more bedrooms.
- 12 days -- The supply of homes for sale in April, down 66 percent compared to last year.
- 2.33 -- The contract ratio in April (the total number of homes under contract in a given period to the overall number of active listings), one of the highest ratios in the city.
- High Home Prices, Higher Demand on Capitol Hill
- Pricey, But Competitive: The Chevy Chase DC Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/au-park-remains-one-of-the-most-competitive-housing-markets-in-dc/15422.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The preferred mortgage product among most home buyers is the fixed-rate mortgage. How... read »
The new images provide a better sense of the big residential plans in the works for t... read »
Eights month after a new proposal to redevelop part of the Takoma Metro station was p... read »
More employers are demanding that employees come back to the office; children on the ... read »
Why the Boring Company is a tease for cities; the return-to-the-office TikTok influen... read »
To help home buyers and sellers both novice and seasoned, UrbanTurf is running a seri... read »
As home buyers get the itch to look for a home and start to venture out to open house... read »
Plans for the New York-based eatery appear to be moving forward.... read »
The development for four parcels at The Yards from Brookfield Properties and the Menk... read »
The concept includes 14 lanes for bowling, a 1,200 person concert venue, a craft bar ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro