With Amazon's announcement today that half of its second headquarters will be coming to Northern Virginia, UrbanTurf broke down a series of numbers associated with the arrival of HQ2.
- 4 million -- The office square footage that Amazon is expected to occupy in Northern Virginia.
- 6.2 million -- The office square footage that developer JBG Smith controls in the area where Amazon's second headquarters will be located.
- 25,000 -- The number of jobs Amazon will create in Northern Virginia over the next 11 years.
- 400 -- The number of people to be hired for the headquarters in 2019.
- $150,000 -- The expected average wage for an Amazon employee in Northern Virginia.
- $550 million -- The amount Virginia will pay Amazon for creating 25,000 jobs.
- 267,000 -- The number of housing units that the DC area will need to create by 2025 given the arrival of Amazon, per the Urban Institute.
- 170,000 -- The number of housing units the region is on pace to add by 2025.
- 1,200 -- The number of new apartments and condos on the boards to be built in Crystal City.
- $2,003 -- The average monthly rent for a Class A apartment in Arlington County.
- $23 million -- The sales price for Jeff Bezos' home in Kalorama.
- 16-25 -- The number of minutes it will take Jeff Bezos to be driven from his DC home to the Amazon offices, depending on traffic.
- 3-4 -- The number of minutes it will take Jeff Bezos to be flown by helicopter from his house in Kalorama to the Amazon offices.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/amazons-northern-virginia-headquarters-by-the-number/14688.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The storied unit along P Street is now looking for a new owner.... read »
There are five projects in the works around Audi Field which could bring nearly thous... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
DC is getting close to meeting Mayor Muriel Bowser's goal of producing 36,000 new ho... read »
The development pitched for the site of a Goodwill store in Arlington got the key app... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro