What's Hot: Arlington County Approves Missing Middle Zoning | Move-In Ready Townhomes at EYA's Northeast DC Neighborhoods
A 3-Minute Commute and 4 Million Square Feet: Amazon's Second Headquarters, By the Numbers
With Amazon's announcement today that half of its second headquarters will be coming to Northern Virginia, UrbanTurf broke down a series of numbers associated with the arrival of HQ2.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
- 4 million -- The office square footage that Amazon is expected to occupy in Northern Virginia.
- 6.2 million -- The office square footage that developer JBG Smith controls in the area where Amazon's second headquarters will be located.
- 25,000 -- The number of jobs Amazon will create in Northern Virginia over the next 11 years.
- 400 -- The number of people to be hired for the headquarters in 2019.
- $150,000 -- The expected average wage for an Amazon employee in Northern Virginia.
- $550 million -- The amount Virginia will pay Amazon for creating 25,000 jobs.
- 267,000 -- The number of housing units that the DC area will need to create by 2025 given the arrival of Amazon, per the Urban Institute.
- 170,000 -- The number of housing units the region is on pace to add by 2025.
- 1,200 -- The number of new apartments and condos on the boards to be built in Crystal City.
- $2,003 -- The average monthly rent for a Class A apartment in Arlington County.
- $23 million -- The sales price for Jeff Bezos' home in Kalorama.
- 16-25 -- The number of minutes it will take Jeff Bezos to be driven from his DC home to the Amazon offices, depending on traffic.
- 3-4 -- The number of minutes it will take Jeff Bezos to be flown by helicopter from his house in Kalorama to the Amazon offices.
See other articles related to: amazon, amazon hq2, amazon second headquarters, crystal city, jeff bezos, national landing
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/amazons-northern-virginia-headquarters-by-the-number/14688.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The 650,000 square-foot project, designed by Adjaye Associates and Hickok Cole, will ... read »
The new development keeps humming along in DC's Buzzard Point.... read »
It is early in the year, but there are already a number of areas around DC where home... read »
Today, UrbanTurf is taking a look at the tax benefits associated with buying a home t... read »
If you are tired of getting lost in their stores, IKEA has a new location planned tha... read »
At an ANC 4A meeting on Tuesday night, representatives from Whole Foods said that the... read »
The application to raze the infamous fast food location at New York and Florida Avenu... read »
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
The application has been filed for the American City Diner along Connecticut Avenue i... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor is planned for a fami... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- A First Look at the Five-Building Centerpiece of the St. Elizabeth's Redevelopment
- The Stacks, Brooklyn Bowling and a Vermeer: The 5 Developments on the Boards for Buzzard Point
- DC's 14 Million-Dollar Neighborhoods in 2023
- A Look At The Tax Benefits of Buying a Home Through a Trust
- IKEA Opening Small Format, Delivery Only Location in Pentagon City
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed To Open This Summer
- The End is Here: Raze Permit Filed For Wendy's at Dave Thomas Circle
- How to Appeal Your DC Property Tax Assessment
- Raze Application May Spell The End For One of DC's Last Diner Buildings
- 200-Unit Apartment Project Planned For Autozone Site Along the H Street Corridor
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro