The effect of Amazon's arrival on the region continues to be felt in a variety of ways, and that includes the housing market. UrbanTurf plucked out a few numbers that illustrate the effect that the online giant continues to have on the Arlington housing market, three months after the online behemoth announced its plans to come to Northern Virginia.
- $558,750 -- The median home sales price in February, the highest on record for Arlington for the month of February.
- $1.015 million -- The average price for a detached home in February.
- 65% -- The increase in the number of homes that went under contract in Arlington compared to February 2018.
- 54 -- The average number of days that homes spent on the market in February, a 40 percent drop compared to February 2018.
- 35% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less in February.
- 0.90 -- The monthly supply of homes for sale on the market. It dropped below 1.0 for the first time in December.
- 1.12 -- The number of contracts per active listing in February. It went above 1.0 for the first time in December.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/amazons-continued-effect-on-the-arlington-housing-market-by-the-numbers/15115.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The national housing market has gained a tremendous amount of value in recent years, ... read »
The concept for the residential conversion of a prominently sited building in Dupont ... read »
Here are some precautions to take before buying real estate with a buddy.... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor will go before DC's B... read »
The plans for 7749 Old Georgetown Road will go before the Montgomery County Developme... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
Just before the holiday, UrbanTurf is taking its semi-annual look at the neighborhood... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
An application filed with DC this week signals the end is nigh for a McDonald's locat... read »
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro