Zillow just released its Consumer Housing Trends Report for 2023 that provides a snapshot of what housing consumers are thinking and doing this year.
Below, UrbanTurf pulls out some of the more interesting stats pertaining to U.S. home sellers in 2023:
- 45 — The average age of home sellers.
- 23% — The share of home sellers aged 60 or older.
- 49% — The percentage of sellers who had household incomes above $100,000.
- 80% — The percentage of sellers who sold a detached house.
- 19% — The percentage of sellers who reported receiving four or more offers on their homes.
- 70% -- The percentage of sellers who reported buying a home in addition to selling one.
- 3 — The number of bedrooms in the home sold by the median seller.
- 54% — The percentage of sellers who listed their home due to a change in household composition.
- 41% — The percentage of sellers who listed because they were working from home more.
Zillow surveyed over 4,700 sellers between April and June 2023.
Photo courtesy of Housefli.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/1_in_5_home_sellers_received_four_or_more_offers_the_us_home_sales_market_i/21649.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UrbanTurf created Pipeline, a searchable database of multifamily projects that are un... read »
As we head towards the end of the year, UrbanTurf is wrapping up its coverage of larg... read »
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by... read »
Today, UrbanTurf takes a look at the distinct differences between these two popular f... read »
The plans for the new two-building residential project at Union Market got a big thum... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro