The February housing market in the DC region was characterized by homes for sale or rather lack thereof. The supply of listings for sale hit its lowest level on record, and below, UrbanTurf plucked out some of the more telling statistics from the February market related to inventory, as well as home prices and the pace of the market.
- 0.91 -- The months of supply of active listings in February, a 21 percent year-over-year drop.
- 1.07 -- The months of supply of detached single-family home listings in February, a 35 percent year-over-year drop.
- $513,000 -- The median price for townhouses in February, the highest level on record.
- 15 -- The number of neighborhoods in DC where the median home price exceeded $1 million in February.
- 3,244 -- The number of closed sales in the region in February, up 22 percent from last year.
- 1,379 -- The number of condo/co-op sales, the second highest monthly sales volume on record.
- 2,205 -- The number of homes that went under contract in 10 days or less in February, up 45 percent compared to last year.
- 8 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in the region in February.
Photo courtesy of Sean Shanahan.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/where-are-the-homes-the-february-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18002.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UrbanTurf created Pipeline, a searchable database of multifamily projects that are un... read »
As we head towards the end of the year, UrbanTurf is wrapping up its coverage of larg... read »
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by... read »
The plans for the new two-building residential project at Union Market got a big thum... read »
Today, UrbanTurf takes a look at the distinct differences between these two popular f... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
WTOP is reporting that The Heights, an eight-stall food hall that is taking over the ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro