The February housing market in the DC region was characterized by homes for sale or rather lack thereof. The supply of listings for sale hit its lowest level on record, and below, UrbanTurf plucked out some of the more telling statistics from the February market related to inventory, as well as home prices and the pace of the market.
- 0.91 -- The months of supply of active listings in February, a 21 percent year-over-year drop.
- 1.07 -- The months of supply of detached single-family home listings in February, a 35 percent year-over-year drop.
- $513,000 -- The median price for townhouses in February, the highest level on record.
- 15 -- The number of neighborhoods in DC where the median home price exceeded $1 million in February.
- 3,244 -- The number of closed sales in the region in February, up 22 percent from last year.
- 1,379 -- The number of condo/co-op sales, the second highest monthly sales volume on record.
- 2,205 -- The number of homes that went under contract in 10 days or less in February, up 45 percent compared to last year.
- 8 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in the region in February.
Photo courtesy of Sean Shanahan.
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/where-are-the-homes-the-february-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18002
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Here's what you need to know about reporting profit made from the sale of your home.... read »
A final look for the year at the DC neighborhoods where home values rose the most thi... read »
Residential development in this jurisdiction-straddling neighborhood got a major kick... read »
A new residential development is on the boards in DC and the design is reminiscent of... read »
With two additional museums authorized as part of the Smithsonian system, a forthcomi... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
A Tysons development has the area's five tallest buildings on the boards.... read »
Homeowners will be able to expedite the ADU approval process with two options for one... read »
A rezoning may be in the works for the AutoZone site.... read »
The priciest condo to ever sell in DC just closed last week, nearly a month after the... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro