The Connections Between Love and Real Estate
In honor of Valentine’s Day, Trulia Insights conducted a series of surveys on the connection between love and real estate. The real estate website wanted to figure out how housing considerations play into dating and relationship decisions.
Courtesy of Trulia Insights.
You can see the full results here, but these are some of the findings we found interesting:
- Men are more willing to live together to save money. 51 percent of men, compared to 34 percent of women, are more likely to be very willing or willing to shack up before marriage to save money.
- Women are more likely than men to prefer dating a homeowner, at 36 percent to 19 percent.
- 44 percent of Millennials feel that home ownership is a sign of commitment; only 26 percent of Baby Boomers felt that way.
- 62 percent of unmarried adults would rather date someone who lives alone versus someone who lives with other people.
- While the majority didn’t place a high importance on home ownership versus renting, only two percent of respondents prefer to date renters.
See other articles related to: trulia, trulia insights, valentine's day
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the_love_and_real_estate_connections/5129.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Clarion Partners, the owner of the Chevy Chase Pavilion, has filed modifications to i... read »
Where it's cheaper to build than buy; Elon Musk is not making Texas happy; and the wo... read »
New renderings show the public space that will be part of the huge new residential de... read »
Several large projects are in the works across the Potomac in Rosslyn while others ha... read »
In this week's edition of Above Asking, we highlight a home in Mount Pleasant that so... read »
At an ANC 4A meeting on Tuesday night, representatives from Whole Foods said that the... read »
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
The application has been filed for the American City Diner along Connecticut Avenue i... read »
The 650,000 square-foot project, designed by Adjaye Associates and Hickok Cole, will ... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor is planned for a fami... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed To Open This Summer
- How to Appeal Your DC Property Tax Assessment
- Raze Application May Spell The End For One of DC's Last Diner Buildings
- A First Look at the Five-Building Centerpiece of the St. Elizabeth's Redevelopment
- 200-Unit Apartment Project Planned For Autozone Site Along the H Street Corridor
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro