In honor of Valentine’s Day, Trulia Insights conducted a series of surveys on the connection between love and real estate. The real estate website wanted to figure out how housing considerations play into dating and relationship decisions.
Courtesy of Trulia Insights.
You can see the full results here, but these are some of the findings we found interesting:
- Men are more willing to live together to save money. 51 percent of men, compared to 34 percent of women, are more likely to be very willing or willing to shack up before marriage to save money.
- Women are more likely than men to prefer dating a homeowner, at 36 percent to 19 percent.
- 44 percent of Millennials feel that home ownership is a sign of commitment; only 26 percent of Baby Boomers felt that way.
- 62 percent of unmarried adults would rather date someone who lives alone versus someone who lives with other people.
- While the majority didn’t place a high importance on home ownership versus renting, only two percent of respondents prefer to date renters.
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the_love_and_real_estate_connections/5129
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UIP recently filed plans with DC's Historic Preservation Office for a 321-unit develo... read »
The new store will open at 9am on July 13 at the City Ridge development.... read »
The grocer has announced plans for other stores in Skyland and Columbia Heights.... read »
Federal Realty Investment Trust has submitted preliminary plans to the Montgomery Cou... read »
UrbanTurf looked at median prices for condos, co-ops, rowhouses and detached single f... read »
DC's homebuyer assistance programs can be a bit complex. This edition of First-Timer ... read »
Our guide for amateur landlords who don't really know what they're doing.... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
The eight-bedroom, 35,000 square-foot home known as The Cliffs hit the market Wednesd... read »
Brookfield Properties is moving forward with development plans for additional sites i... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro