Inside Ivy City’s Hecht Warehouse Apartments

UrbanTurf has reported on the Hecht development in Ivy City a number of times over the past 18 months with a strong curiosity as to what the finished product will look like. Now we know, and frankly, we are impressed.

The first phase of 110 apartments are now available with studios starting at $1,500 a month and one-bedrooms at $1,650 a month, rates that are on the low-end for new residential developments in DC. In total, the building will have 335 units. Building amenities include a brick fireplace in the main lobby, “a speakeasy clubroom” with pool tables and TVs, a wet bar with a kegerator, and a full demonstration kitchen.

Similar Posts:

the Hecht development in Ivy City

This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/inside_the_hecht_warehouse_apartments/10612

1. SharenM said at 4:16 am on Friday November 20, 2015:
    Great design. Fabulous fireplace and I've always wanted one of those old firehouse telephone posts! A nice historic touch! Bravo to the design team!
  1. LionOfLeDroit said at 3:07 pm on Friday November 20, 2015:
    Interior design = A+
  1. Campy said at 4:53 pm on Friday November 20, 2015:
    Wow, super impressed by how this turned out. Reasonably priced, too.
  1. Brad said at 5:40 pm on Friday November 20, 2015:
    I like the design but the location is horrid.
  1. Vault Dweller 111 said at 5:58 pm on Friday November 20, 2015:
    I was really impressed with the interiors when i toured Station House and didn't think I would see anything better for a long time, but I think this might just beat it. Will hold off on final judgement until I see it in person, but the images look incredible.
  1. Terry said at 6:30 pm on Friday November 20, 2015:
    Wow, blows me away! The transformation of NY Ave is amazing, and kudos to Douglas Development for taking this risk. I have no doubt that it'll pay off.
  1. skidrowedc@gmail.com said at 7:32 pm on Friday November 20, 2015:
    The Hecht Warehouse is one of the premier examples of industrial-Art Moderne in the entire USA. You'd never know that from the interior decoration and furnishing, though, which veers from Edwardian men's hunting lodge to parents' basement shabby-chic. I will never understand how often designers are oblivious to even the most obvious of design cues. The architecture of these interior spaces looks great, incorporating pre-existing industrial elements beautifully. Interior decoration and design, not so much. The power of real industrial artifacts makes the new stuff like the reception desk look goofy, flimsy, way overdesigned.
  1. Nathaniel Martin said at 3:04 am on Saturday November 21, 2015:
    The good news is that the furniture selections are ephemeral. The overstuffed chairs and other Restoration Hardware-esque touches will go away eventually, and perhaps then a future architect or interior designer will selected something cutting-edge that truly complements the architecture. The spaces themselves are absolutely spectacular. I am curious to know who the architect was for the renovation, and whether the same firm chose furnishings or farmed that out to a cliche-bound interior desecrator.
  1. Urban Observer said at 2:02 pm on Saturday November 21, 2015: