With the 2018 housing market in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market last year.
- 9,042 -- The number of homes that sold in 2018.
- 1,783 -- The number of homes that sold for all cash.
- $570,000 -- The median home sales price in 2018, the highest annual level on record for DC.
- $399,000 -- The median sales price for a home in 2011.
- $1,274,502 -- The average price of a detached home in 2018.
- $16.5 million -- The sales price for the most expensive home sold.
- $24,900 -- The sales price for the least expensive home sold.
- 23% -- The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less.
- 16 -- The number of homes that have been on the market for more than two years.
- 16% -- The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million.
- $754 -- The median price per square foot in West End.
- 1.73 -- The months of available housing supply in December 2018, a 20% year-over-year jump.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/dcs-housing-market-by-the-numbers/14894.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
The Capitol Hill home has been listed for sale that has a number of serious security ... read »
The listing will hit the market on Wednesday, according to the Washington Business Jo... read »
Today, UrbanTurf looks at what we think will be the metrics that will determine the d... read »
Located in the heart of Shaw, Intersect at O includes five elevator townhomes. The fi... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
The Church of the Epiphany has filed plans with the city to demolish the rear portion... read »
Just before the holiday, UrbanTurf is taking its semi-annual look at the neighborhood... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
An application filed with DC this week signals the end is nigh for a McDonald's locat... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro