With the 2018 housing market in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market last year.
- 9,042 -- The number of homes that sold in 2018.
- 1,783 -- The number of homes that sold for all cash.
- $570,000 -- The median home sales price in 2018, the highest annual level on record for DC.
- $399,000 -- The median sales price for a home in 2011.
- $1,274,502 -- The average price of a detached home in 2018.
- $16.5 million -- The sales price for the most expensive home sold.
- $24,900 -- The sales price for the least expensive home sold.
- 23% -- The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less.
- 16 -- The number of homes that have been on the market for more than two years.
- 16% -- The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million.
- $754 -- The median price per square foot in West End.
- 1.73 -- The months of available housing supply in December 2018, a 20% year-over-year jump.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/dcs-housing-market-by-the-numbers/14894.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Neighborhood Development Company has filed plans with DC's Historic Preservation Offi... read »
Plans for the New York-based eatery appear to be moving forward.... read »
The development for four parcels at The Yards from Brookfield Properties and the Menk... read »
EDENS filed a planned unit development for a two-building residential development tha... read »
One of the more prominent features of the project will be a public plaza that will ru... read »
To help home buyers and sellers both novice and seasoned, UrbanTurf is running a seri... read »
As home buyers get the itch to look for a home and start to venture out to open house... read »
The development will replace the 44,700 square-foot retail structure that was previou... read »
The concept includes 14 lanes for bowling, a 1,200 person concert venue, a craft bar ... read »
The zip codes that are home to Brentwood, Takoma Park and sections of Hyattsville top... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro