What's Hot: A Closer Look at the Mansion Tax | New Renderings Show Retail Plaza, Park at 435-Unit Takoma Metro Development
725,000 People, 6 Million Square Feet: DC's Comeback Plan, By the Numbers
On Monday, Mayor Muriel Bowser unveiled DC’s Comeback Plan, an outline of the city's economic development goals for the next five years. Below, UrbanTurf plucked out some of the more interesting and ambitious numbers associated with those goals.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
- 35,000 -- The number of jobs that the mayor wants to create in high-demand sectors like hospitality, technology, and life sciences by 2028.
- 725,000 -- The goal for DC's population by 2028, 55,000 more people than live in the city today.
- $25,000 -- The amount that the mayor would like to increase the median income of Black households.
- 15,000 -- How much the mayor wants to increase downtown DC's population by 2028.
- 6 million -- The amount of residential square footage that would need to be added to accommodate the new population.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/725000_people_6_million_square_feet_dcs_comeback_plan_by_the_numbers/20482.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Clarion Partners, the owner of the Chevy Chase Pavilion, has filed modifications to i... read »
The new development keeps humming along in DC's Buzzard Point.... read »
Where it's cheaper to build than buy; Elon Musk is not making Texas happy; and the wo... read »
If you are tired of getting lost in their stores, IKEA has a new location planned tha... read »
The Townhomes at Michigan Park and Riggs Park Place are now selling their final homes... read »
At an ANC 4A meeting on Tuesday night, representatives from Whole Foods said that the... read »
The application to raze the infamous fast food location at New York and Florida Avenu... read »
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
The application has been filed for the American City Diner along Connecticut Avenue i... read »
The 650,000 square-foot project, designed by Adjaye Associates and Hickok Cole, will ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- Plans Progress For a New Grocery Store at Friendship Heights Mall
- The Stacks, Brooklyn Bowling and a Vermeer: The 5 Developments on the Boards for Buzzard Point
- Friday's Must Reads
- IKEA Opening Small Format, Delivery Only Location in Pentagon City
- New, Move-In Ready Townhomes at EYA’s Northeast DC Neighborhoods
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed To Open This Summer
- The End is Here: Raze Permit Filed For Wendy's at Dave Thomas Circle
- How to Appeal Your DC Property Tax Assessment
- Raze Application May Spell The End For One of DC's Last Diner Buildings
- A First Look at the Five-Building Centerpiece of the St. Elizabeth's Redevelopment
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro