1,700 New Residences: A First Look at JBG SMITH's Massive Plans at Arlington's RiverHouse
Northern Virginia's most prolific developer has new plans in the works to bring nearly 2,000 new residential units to an existing Arlington community.
Three years ago, JBG SMITH filed initial plans to add 1,000 residential units to RiverHouse, the 36-acre development bounded by Army Navy Drive, South Joyce Street and South Lynn Street (map). Now, UrbanTurf can provide new details and images for what the developer has in store, and the scope of the project has increased significantly.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
New plans reveal that JBG SMITH has nearly 1,700 new residences on the boards for the RiverHouse community, which is already home to 1,700 units. Those new residences would be split across five new buildings and a series of townhouses. The breakdown would include:
- Two seven-story buildings delivering 952 units (551 and 401, respectively). New retail will front Joyce Street to create an effective transition between RiverHouse and Pentagon Row.
- A new seven-story 164-unit condo building.
- An eight-story 185-unit senior housing development with independent, assisted, and memory care living facilities.
- A seven-story 102-unit multi-family building.
- A total of 265 three and four-story townhouses geared towards family living.
The new residential buildings will be designed by Torti Gallas + Partners, Hybrid Architecture, and BCT Design Group. In addition to the new units, the development would include new public parks, forested spaces, and walking trails that will be part of the “Green Ribbon” network envisioned by the Pentagon City Sector Plan, as well as include a new two-way protected cycle track on Joyce Street.
UrbanTurf will continue to monitor this project as plans progress.
See other articles related to: arlington apartments, jbg smith, riverhouse
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/1700_new_residences_a_first_look_at_jbg_smiths_massive_plans_at_arlingtons_/20203.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Ten years later, plans to construct nearly 150 townhomes at DC's most hotly debated d... read »
LEGO lovers will likely be first in line for the National Building Museum's latest ex... read »
Last year, Shiloh Baptist Church selected Monarch Urban to redevelop 1515 9th Street ... read »
JBG Smith has plans for a seven-story project along Crystal Drive.... read »
The "trailer park" where homes sell for millions; a renters utopia; and ideas for whe... read »
Virginia's homebuyer assistance programs can seem complex. This edition of First-Time... read »
The residential projects that have sprouted up on the Maryland and DC sides of the Fr... read »
With a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, the redevelopment of the Georgetown Wes... read »
The 23,600 square-foot mansion just hit the market, and would set a record if it fetc... read »
The immaculately kept 100-year-old house features six bedrooms and four-and-a-half ba... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- Reservoir District: 146 Townhomes Planned at McMillan Site Look For Final Design Approval
- BRICK CITY: DC's New LEGO Exhibit Brings in Architecture From Around the World
- HPO Recommends Approval For 45-Unit Condo Development Pitched For Former Church Site in Shaw
- And Another One: Block-Long, 370-Unit Development Pitched For Crystal City
- Wednesday's Must Reads
- First-Timer Primer: Virginia's Home Buyer Assistance Programs
- Mall Conversions, Trader Joes? The 1,500 Units in the Friendship Heights Pipeline
- The Four Seasons Private Residences in Georgetown Break Ground
- DC's Blaine Mansion Lists For $30 Million, A Potentially Record-Setting Price in the City
- Now Selling: A 16th Street Heights Victorian on an Island of Its Own
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro