What's Hot: Washington Spirit Owner Michele Kang Lists DC Home for $14.5 Million | The Smallest Home on the Market in DC
Pricey, But Competitive: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
With the spring housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is starting its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we take a look at Chevy Chase DC.
As has been the case for a few years, Chevy Chase has been one of the more competitive DC neighborhood housing markets where high prices, high demand and low supply are constant themes. As the statistics below reveal, that seems to be the case again this year.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
- $1.15 million -- The average home sales price in Chevy Chase DC in 2019, up 18% from last year.
- $1.351 million -- The average home sales price for a detached home, up 21% from last year.
- 91% -- The increase in dollar volume of homes sold, up 91% from 2018.
- 4 weeks -- The supply of homes on the market in March.
- 100.4% -- The ratio of average list price to sale price in Chevy Chase this year.
- 41% -- The percentage of homes that sold within ten days of being listed in 2019.
See other articles related to: chevy chase dc, chevy chase dc home prices
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/1-million-and-above-the-chevy-chase-housing-market-by-the-numbers/15301.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Our guide for amateur landlords who don't really know what they're doing.... read »
Whole Foods announced yesterday that the 47,000 square foot store will open on June 2... read »
The Massachusetts Avenue Heights home was previously owned by the former chief execut... read »
A large new apartment and townhouse project has been pitched for the growing pipeline... read »
With Dan and Tanya Snyder moving out of River View, the region may soon have a very e... read »
Virginia's homebuyer assistance programs can seem complex. This edition of First-Time... read »
The residential projects that have sprouted up on the Maryland and DC sides of the Fr... read »
With a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, the redevelopment of the Georgetown Wes... read »
The 23,600 square-foot mansion just hit the market, and would set a record if it fetc... read »
The immaculately kept 100-year-old house features six bedrooms and four-and-a-half ba... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- The Essential Guide to Being an Amateur Landlord in DC
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed to Open at End of June
- Washington Spirit Owner Michele Kang Lists DC Home for $14.5 Million
- A Two-Phase, 370-Unit Development Pitched For Columbia Pike Gas Station Site
- Will This Be the Most Expensive Home on the Market in the DC Area?
- First-Timer Primer: Virginia's Home Buyer Assistance Programs
- Mall Conversions, Trader Joes? The 1,500 Units in the Friendship Heights Pipeline
- The Four Seasons Private Residences in Georgetown Break Ground
- DC's Blaine Mansion Lists For $30 Million, A Potentially Record-Setting Price in the City
- Now Selling: A 16th Street Heights Victorian on an Island of Its Own
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro