What's Hot: The 2,600 Units in Progress, and 500 Units on Hold, in Rosslyn | Do Three Months of Rising Home Sales Mean The Market is Turning a Corner?
Zillow to List Presale Foreclosures
House hunters on the prowl for foreclosed homes will soon be able to check out these properties before they even hit the market.
Real estate website Zillow has started listing properties that are bank-owned or in the foreclosure process, but not yet on the market, reported The New York Times recently. Zillow’s inventory includes 1.8 million such properties.
From the Times:
Having access to an inventory of “presale” properties — those that are pending foreclosure or that have already been foreclosed on — may make it easier to get a jump on properties potential buyers are interested in, said Amy Bohutinsky, Zillow’s chief marketing officer.
This feature may also help house hunters, investors and other interested people get a better sense of the so-called shadow inventory, the looming foreclosures that many fear will pull down housing prices when they hit the market.
- New Tool Aims to Determine How Valuable a Foreclosure Will Be as a Rental
- Foreclosure Sales Drop in DC and Virginia as Prices Rise
See other articles related to: shadow inventory, zillow
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/zillow_to_list_presale_foreclosures/6231.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
509 Lloyds Lane features 6,000 square feet of naturally lit space, six fireplaces, a ... read »
Clarion Partners, the owner of the Chevy Chase Pavilion, has filed modifications to i... read »
Where it's cheaper to build than buy; Elon Musk is not making Texas happy; and the wo... read »
New renderings show the public space that will be part of the huge new residential de... read »
Several large projects are in the works across the Potomac in Rosslyn while others ha... read »
At an ANC 4A meeting on Tuesday night, representatives from Whole Foods said that the... read »
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
The application has been filed for the American City Diner along Connecticut Avenue i... read »
The 650,000 square-foot project, designed by Adjaye Associates and Hickok Cole, will ... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor is planned for a fami... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- In a Highly Desirable Alexandria Location, This Newly Listed Six Bedroom Home is a Timeless Classic
- Plans Progress For a New Grocery Store at Friendship Heights Mall
- Friday's Must Reads
- New Renderings Show Retail Plaza, Park at 435-Unit Takoma Metro Development
- The 2,600 Units in Progress, and 500 Units on Hold, in Rosslyn
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed To Open This Summer
- How to Appeal Your DC Property Tax Assessment
- Raze Application May Spell The End For One of DC's Last Diner Buildings
- A First Look at the Five-Building Centerpiece of the St. Elizabeth's Redevelopment
- 200-Unit Apartment Project Planned For Autozone Site Along the H Street Corridor
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro