Trump Releases Renderings For Old Post Office Building

by Mark Wellborn

Trump Releases Renderings For Old Post Office Building: Figure 1

We had a feeling that Donald Trump would make a splash with his new vision for the Old Post Office Pavilion, but it is safe to say we were blown away once we saw what The Donald has in store.

UrbanTurf was able to get its hands on new renderings for the iconic DC building which are, in a word, futuristic.

Plans call for a thin, but curvaceous tower to rise up behind the Old Post Office, which will likely house residential units, office space and hotel rooms. Those who have seen plans for the 62-story hotel that the mogul is building in Dubai know that the design for the DC project is not totally unprecedented. From what we hear, Trump’s inspiration for it came to him after watching the movie Avatar and old episodes of The Snorks.

The futuristic project, which readers will notice blatantly disregards the limits of the city’s much-debated Height Act, does not have an architect in place just yet. Rumors are that Arsenio Hall, who won Celebrity Apprentice in 2012, and Jason Alexander, whose character George Costanza on Seinfeld always had aspirations of being an architect named Art Vandelay, were consulted on the project’s design.

Below is an aerial view of what Trump has in store.

Trump Releases Renderings For Old Post Office Building: Figure 2

Renderings courtesy of Capital Pixel.

Original photo above courtesy of Will Palmer.

This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/trump_releases_renderings_for_old_post_office_building/6861

1. Mike said at 2:15 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    Correction...I believe Ted Mosby is the Chief Architect (when not looking for his kid's mother) Well...played, Urban Turf, well...played
  1. Unnames said at 2:26 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    It's doesn't look good. Try again.
  1. D.B. said at 2:29 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    Brilliant, UT, BRILLIANT!
  1. ksanta said at 3:00 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    You got me -- Sadly, not too hard to believe
  1. found said at 3:03 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    Love it. The comments on Facebook are absolutely priceless.
  1. anon_1 said at 3:11 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    I got that Aprils fools quickly, but with Trump it may not be that far fetched
  1. Robert White said at 3:34 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    Thank You, Urban Turf.
  1. Jess in Shaw said at 6:05 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    +1 architect's name
  1. Kandi said at 6:19 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    Leave the height regulations alone. They are part of the historic layout of Washington DC. Their is no need to change it. If you want sky scrapers go back to New york or LA. Leave DC alone and continue to be unique in it's own way. That being said I don't like the design.
  1. CSB said at 7:41 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    Always did like Art Vandelay's brilliant work!
  1. Rick Leeds said at 7:45 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    April Fool! Right!
  1. John Stone said at 8:01 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    I like knowing the "good" ole folks at HPRB missed out on the April Fools joke. Priceless.
  1. Rina said at 8:05 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    You totally got me.
  1. Judy Tiger said at 8:08 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    thank goodness for april fool's day. up off the floor from a dead faint now ready to see the real renderings on a less vulnerable day. whew.
  1. Kelly Vezzi said at 8:43 pm on Monday April 1, 2013:
    Good joke! You almost had me!-well, not really, but good try!
  1. makeba said at 2:30 am on Tuesday April 2, 2013:
    'Yuck-yuck-yuck...and hardy har har' too. The Donald needs to apologize for his rips on my President...then he's welcome to buid whatever the he-- he wants. btw...april fools 2 u too.
  1. nancy said at 4:06 am on Tuesday April 2, 2013:
    Had me going until I hit the Costanza part. Yikes that's one butt ugly April Fool's joke. Well done.
  1. david said at 2:48 pm on Thursday April 11, 2013:
    Oh my goodness. I'm just reading this on April 11th and I was thinking, "That structure doesn't look right for the area." I started reading the posts just to see what other people thought and started seeing other's saying something about April Fools. I looked at the posting date and yes, it was April Fool. LOL.