What's Hot: The 4 Projects in the Works (Or on Hold) Near DC's Starburst Intersection | This Week's Find: Fit For Art in the Palisades
The Best New Apartment Views in DC: Right Into Nats Park
The view from the roof at 1221 Van.
UrbanTurf usually stays away from publishing rankings or lists…except at the end of the year when we look back at what DC’s residential real estate scene had to offer during the previous 12 months. So, this week we are looking at not only the best but the most intriguing and peculiar things that came across our radar over the course of 2017. Enjoy.
New residential developments in DC regularly tout views of the city’s monuments, the Capitol and the Potomac River. But a new selection of downtown projects have a different type of monument view in mind.
1221 Van, a 291-unit development at 1221 Van Street SE (map) that opened its doors to residents this month has an expansive roof deck with left field views into the Nationals Park next door. There are stadium style seats on the roof deck that offer views into the ballpark, and any tenant with a south-facing apartment above the sixth floor will have views into the stadium.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
The Hariri Pontarini-designed building from JBG Smith is joined by a couple other new developments, including the F1RST residences (opened earlier this year) and Half Street, which offer game day vantage points. Not quite Wrigleyville, but close.
The Rest of UrbanTurf’s Year in Review
- The Best Listing of 2017 (For the the Mere Mortal)
- The Best Real Estate Deal of 2017 (With a Catch)—Two Free Houses For Curbside Pickup
- Most Innovative Way to Pay the Rent in 2017—DC’s Reefer Rent Parties
- The Best Furnishings For a Studio Apartment: Automated Furniture
- The Best House Transformation That We Will Never Get to See
- The Best Listing of 2017 (For the Well-Paid Lobbyist)
- DC’s Most High Line-Like of High Line Spin-offs — Transforming the Georgetown Canal
See other articles related to: 1221 van, 2017 year in review, best of 2017, f1rst, half street, jbg smith, nationals park
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the_best_apartment_views_in_dc_right_into_nats_park/13363.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Our guide for amateur landlords who don't really know what they're doing.... read »
The Massachusetts Avenue Heights home was previously owned by the former chief execut... read »
A large new apartment and townhouse project has been pitched for the growing pipeline... read »
On Friday, Mayor Muriel Bowser and the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Ec... read »
In this week's Under Contract, we highlight two homes that found buyers just shortly ... read »
Virginia's homebuyer assistance programs can seem complex. This edition of First-Time... read »
The residential projects that have sprouted up on the Maryland and DC sides of the Fr... read »
With a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, the redevelopment of the Georgetown Wes... read »
The immaculately kept 100-year-old house features six bedrooms and four-and-a-half ba... read »
Ten years later, plans to construct nearly 150 townhomes at DC's most hotly debated d... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- The Essential Guide to Being an Amateur Landlord in DC
- Washington Spirit Owner Michele Kang Lists DC Home for $14.5 Million
- A Two-Phase, 370-Unit Development Pitched For Columbia Pike Gas Station Site
- Apartments, A Plaza + Dave Chapelle: The Future Plans for 14th and U
- Under Contract: That Didn't Take Long
- First-Timer Primer: Virginia's Home Buyer Assistance Programs
- Mall Conversions, Trader Joes? The 1,500 Units in the Friendship Heights Pipeline
- The Four Seasons Private Residences in Georgetown Break Ground
- Now Selling: A 16th Street Heights Victorian on an Island of Its Own
- Reservoir District: 146 Townhomes Planned at McMillan Site Look For Final Design Approval
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro