Below, UrbanTurf pulls out some of the more interesting stats pertaining to U.S. home sellers in 2021:
- 45 — The average age of home sellers; if this seems like déjà vu, this was also the average age for homebuyers.
- 24% — The share of home sellers aged 60 or older.
- 31% — The share of home sellers who were millennials, the largest generation represented among sellers.
- 72% — The percentage of home sellers who were non-Hispanic white.
- 36% — The percentage of sellers who had household incomes below $50,000; 33% of sellers had household incomes above $100,000.
- 70% — The percentage of sellers who sold a detached house.
- 24% — The percentage of sellers who reported receiving four or more offers on their homes; it was 14% in 2020.
- 14 — The number of years the average seller had lived in their home before putting it on the market.
- 3 — The number of bedrooms in the home sold by the median seller. Sold homes also tended to be 1,536 square feet and had two bathrooms.
- 46% — The percentage of sellers who listed their home due to a change in household composition.
- 35% — The percentage of sellers who listed because they were working from home more.
Zillow surveyed over 2,000 sellers between March and August 2021.
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/one-in-4-sellers-received-four-or-more-offers-us-home-sells-in-2021-by-the-/18787
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Approximately 16,550 units delivered in DC between January 2019 and August 2021.... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
The seven-bedroom home hit the market on Friday and was under contract by Sunday.... read »
This year will likely go down as the year that prices for houses in DC reached new he... read »
Dubbed OZMA, the 13-story project will include roughly 7,900 square feet of ground fl... read »
The preferred mortgage product among most home buyers is the fixed-rate mortgage. How... read »
STAY DC provides rental aid and utility payment grants to at-risk District residents ... read »
The planned 8-unit development would be located on K Street right along the Potomac R... read »
Landmark Theatres is in the final stages of negotiations that would have it operating... read »
The 12,000 square foot replica of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue went under contract last w... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro