Amid the current high-demand housing market, Zillow has released its latest Consumer Housing Trends report for buyers.
Below, UrbanTurf pulls out some of the more interesting stats pertaining to U.S. homebuyers in 2021:
- 45 — The average age of homebuyers; the median age was 43.
- 50% — The percentage of homebuyers who moved from, and sold, their primary residence to make this most recent purchase.
- 11% — The percentage of homebuyers who purchased a rowhouse or townhouse; 10% of homebuyers purchased a condo or co-op.
- 37% — The percentage of first-time homebuyers, down from 43% in 2020.
- 2 — The number of offers the median homebuyer made before they were successful; from 2018-2020, the median homebuyer only made one offer.
- 3 — The number of bedrooms and bathrooms in the home purchased by the median buyer. Purchased homes also tended to be between 1,000 and 1,999 square feet.
- 68% — The percentage of buyers who agreed that virtual home tours were at least somewhat more helpful than photos.
- 30% — The percentage of buyers who cited working from home as influencing their decision to purchase.
Zillow surveyed over 2,000 homebuyers between March and August 2021.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/fewer-first-timers-more-homebuyers-by-the-numbers/18662.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
The Capitol Hill home has been listed for sale that has a number of serious security ... read »
The new residential project adds to a growing pipeline of development on the boards i... read »
Today, UrbanTurf looks at what we think will be the metrics that will determine the d... read »
Located in the heart of Shaw, Intersect at O includes five elevator townhomes. The fi... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
Long-term interest rates are at their highest level in decades, but a new forecast pr... read »
The Church of the Epiphany has filed plans with the city to demolish the rear portion... read »
Just before the holiday, UrbanTurf is taking its semi-annual look at the neighborhood... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro