Amid the changing housing market, Zillow has released its latest Consumer Housing Trends report for buyers.
Below, UrbanTurf pulls out some of the more interesting stats pertaining to U.S. homebuyers in 2022:
- 44 — The median age of homebuyers, up from 43 last year.
- 77% — The percentage of homebuyers who purchased a detached, single-family house.
- 45% — The percentage of first-time homebuyers, up from 37% in 2021.
- 2 — The number of offers the median homebuyer made before they were successful.
- 23% -- The percentage of buyers who paid for a home without a mortgage.
- 13% -- The percentage of buyers who did not get an inspection prior to buying their home.
- 54% — The percentage of buyers who said they would be at least somewhat confident making an offer on a home after seeing a virtual tour, but not an in-person viewing.
Zillow surveyed over 4,900 homebuyers between March and July 2022.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/more-first-timers-less-inspections-us-homebuyers-in-2022-by-the-numbers/20101.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
There are two new proposals to redevelop the center at 14th and U Streets NW that are... read »
A recent build in Anacostia made history as the first code-compliant bamboo building ... read »
The development will be located a few blocks south of the Takoma Metro station.... read »
The Costco apartments; a big investment in redevelopment around FedEx Field; and are ... read »
The new development along South Capitol Street includes a new amenity for UrbanTurf: ... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
Why condo fees are high in some buildings and low in others can be a difficult questi... read »
Post Brothers has plans in the works to convert the Universal buildings into a sprawl... read »
Dupont Circle’s Swann House, a former 15-bedroom bed and breakfast, will be listed ... read »
The two-building project will include approximately 825 residential units, 151 lodgin... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro