What's Hot: The 5 Developments on the Boards For Buzzard Point | IKEA Opening Small Format, Delivery-Only Location in Pentagon City
Google Maps Launches Live Public Transit Alerts for DC
Courtesy of Google Maps.
Google Maps announced updates today for its tracking of live departure and arrival times for DC’s bus and subway system.
From the Google Maps blog:
Riders on the nation’s second largest subway, Metrorail in Washington, D.C., can now see live service alerts, including unplanned delays and scheduled track work, straight from Metro’s Control Center on Google Maps. To adjust your travel around the alerts you see, simply choose another suggested route or change your departure time.
Given DC’s previous attempts at tracking public transit arrival and departure times, we will be interested to see how the update will affect the accuracy of the tool.
- Google Showcasing SketchUp Designer Creations
- Do Google Searches Predict the Direction of Home Prices?
See other articles related to: google, google maps, google transit
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/google_maps_updates_live_public_transit_alerts_for_dc/6845.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The 650,000 square-foot project, designed by Adjaye Associates and Hickok Cole, will ... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor is planned for a fami... read »
The new development keeps humming along in DC's Buzzard Point.... read »
It is early in the year, but there are already a number of areas around DC where home... read »
This week's Best New Listings includes a condo with a former life as a hotel entrance... read »
The application to raze the infamous fast food location at New York and Florida Avenu... read »
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
At an ANC 4A meeting on Tuesday night, representatives from Whole Foods said that the... read »
The application has been filed for the American City Diner along Connecticut Avenue i... read »
As the neighborhood waits for highly-anticipated restaurants to open, and luxury home... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- A First Look at the Five-Building Centerpiece of the St. Elizabeth's Redevelopment
- 200-Unit Apartment Project Planned For Autozone Site Along the H Street Corridor
- The Stacks, Brooklyn Bowling and a Vermeer: The 5 Developments on the Boards for Buzzard Point
- DC's 14 Million-Dollar Neighborhoods in 2023
- Best New Listings: A Hotel Entrance Turned Condo
- The End is Here: Raze Permit Filed For Wendy's at Dave Thomas Circle
- How to Appeal Your DC Property Tax Assessment
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed To Open This Summer
- Raze Application May Spell The End For One of DC's Last Diner Buildings
- New Hotels, Mall Conversions And The 450 Units On The Boards For Georgetown
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro