Airbnb, the massive short-term home rental company, stated in an earnings call on Tuesday that it expects bookings in the first quarter of 2022 to exceed pre-pandemic bookings for the first time since Covid began.
Below, UrbanTurf picked out some interesting statistics from that call, as well as some stats specific to Washington, DC that paint a picture as to how hosts and guests are now using Airbnb.
- 25% -- The increase in the number of nights booked for summer travel in 2022 through Airbnb compared to the same period in 2019.
- 22% -- The percentage of bookings in the fourth quarter of 2021 that were for stays of longer than 28 days.
- Over 50% -- The number of bookings in the fourth quarter that were for at least a week.
- 7,937 -- The number of Airbnb listings in Washington DC.
- $188 -- The average cost per night of an Airbnb listing in DC.
- 74.6% -- The percentage of entire home or apartment listings being rented in DC on Airbnb.
Statistics for this article came from Airbnb's investor call as well as Inside Airbnb.
- DCRA Releases Final Short-Term Rental Regulations
- DC Short-Term Rental Registrations Reveal Unexpected Restrictions
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/extended-stay-what-new-numbers-say-about-airbnb/19281.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The large new residential building is just the latest development pitched near the ba... read »
The Washington Nationals great didn't move out of the area, though.... read »
UrbanTurf put together a quick primer on the ins and outs of a home auction.... read »
Foulger Pratt has plans to turn the 12-story office building at 1133 19th Street NW i... read »
As the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood nears its development capacity, a new effort p... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
This Week's Find is one of the more interesting homes in DC's Foxhall neighborhood. ... read »
The mall will be reimagined as a 7-story, 325-unit apartment project with 25,000 squa... read »
While DC's rising home prices have been the story for years, there are some areas of ... read »
Brookfield Properties and the Menkiti Group have filed a second-stage planned unit de... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro