DC's Housing Market in 2019 (So Far), By the Numbers
As the spring housing market gets going, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market so far this year.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
- $555,000 -- The median sales price of a home in DC, up 8 percent since last year.
- 1,067 -- The number of homes that sold in DC so far in 2019, down 8.5% compared to last year.
- 1.71 -- The monthly supply of homes on the market in DC, up 25 percent compared to last year.
- 32 -- The median number of days that homes spend on the market in DC, down 16 percent compared to last year.
- $1.09 million -- The average price of a rowhouse with 4+ bedrooms, up 18 percent since last year.
- $1.229 million -- The average price of a detached home with 4+ bedrooms, down 12 percent since last year.
- $2.4 million -- The median sales price for a home in DC's Spring Valley neighborhood.
- $225,500 -- The median sales price for a home in DC's Congress Heights neighborhood.
- 106% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio of homes sold in Congress Heights this year.
- 12 -- The number of DC neighborhoods where the median home price exceeds $1 million.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/dcs-housing-market-in-2019-so-far-by-the-numbers/15173.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Ten years later, plans to construct nearly 150 townhomes at DC's most hotly debated d... read »
LEGO lovers will likely be first in line for the National Building Museum's latest ex... read »
JBG Smith has plans for a seven-story project along Crystal Drive.... read »
The "trailer park" where homes sell for millions; a renters utopia; and ideas for whe... read »
Airbnb's party crackdown; the return of Adams Morgan; the resurgence of Cleveland Par... read »
Virginia's homebuyer assistance programs can seem complex. This edition of First-Time... read »
The residential projects that have sprouted up on the Maryland and DC sides of the Fr... read »
With a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, the redevelopment of the Georgetown Wes... read »
The 23,600 square-foot mansion just hit the market, and would set a record if it fetc... read »
The immaculately kept 100-year-old house features six bedrooms and four-and-a-half ba... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- First-Timer Primer: Virginia's Home Buyer Assistance Programs
- Mall Conversions, Trader Joes? The 1,500 Units in the Friendship Heights Pipeline
- The Four Seasons Private Residences in Georgetown Break Ground
- DC's Blaine Mansion Lists For $30 Million, A Potentially Record-Setting Price in the City
- Now Selling: A 16th Street Heights Victorian on an Island of Its Own
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro