As the spring housing market gets going, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market so far this year.
- $555,000 -- The median sales price of a home in DC, up 8 percent since last year.
- 1,067 -- The number of homes that sold in DC so far in 2019, down 8.5% compared to last year.
- 1.71 -- The monthly supply of homes on the market in DC, up 25 percent compared to last year.
- 32 -- The median number of days that homes spend on the market in DC, down 16 percent compared to last year.
- $1.09 million -- The average price of a rowhouse with 4+ bedrooms, up 18 percent since last year.
- $1.229 million -- The average price of a detached home with 4+ bedrooms, down 12 percent since last year.
- $2.4 million -- The median sales price for a home in DC's Spring Valley neighborhood.
- $225,500 -- The median sales price for a home in DC's Congress Heights neighborhood.
- 106% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio of homes sold in Congress Heights this year.
- 12 -- The number of DC neighborhoods where the median home price exceeds $1 million.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/dcs-housing-market-in-2019-so-far-by-the-numbers/15173.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The preferred mortgage product among most home buyers is the fixed-rate mortgage. How... read »
Eights month after a new proposal to redevelop part of the Takoma Metro station was p... read »
The new images provide a better sense of the big residential plans in the works for t... read »
As we approach the end of the year, UrbanTurf is taking a final look at the DC neighb... read »
Crescent Communities recently filed plans with Montgomery County for Novel Bethesda, ... read »
To help home buyers and sellers both novice and seasoned, UrbanTurf is running a seri... read »
Plans for the New York-based eatery appear to be moving forward.... read »
The development for four parcels at The Yards from Brookfield Properties and the Menk... read »
The zip codes that are home to Brentwood, Takoma Park and sections of Hyattsville top... read »
EDENS filed a planned unit development for a two-building residential development tha... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro