Taylor Gourmet Co-Founder To List Penn Quarter Home

by Shilpi Paul

Taylor Gourmet Co-Founder To List Penn Quarter Home: Figure 1

Casey Patten, the co-owner of Taylor Gourmet, will put his Penn Quarter one-bedroom on the market later this week, UrbanTurf has learned.

Though the 800 square-foot condo at 777 7th Street NW (map) is moderately sized, Patten spent considerable care renovating the interior with the help of Grupo7 Architecture + Interiors, as Apartment Therapy wrote earlier this month.

Taylor Gourmet Co-Founder To List Penn Quarter Home: Figure 2

A local iron worker contributed a few features, like doors that have been overlaid with hot rolled steel and hand-made steel trim on the floors. Vinyl wallpaper covers the living room walls, and LED rope lights illuminate the rooms. A sizable terrace tucked between two building stay quiet, despite the bustling downtown address.

The unit will be listed for $489,000 by Jay Bauer of Lindsay Reishman Real Estate later this week. The best part of the sale? Patten will give the eventual owner a $2,970 gift card to Taylor Gourmet or free sandwiches for five years. More photos below.

Taylor Gourmet Co-Founder To List Penn Quarter Home: Figure 3

Taylor Gourmet Co-Founder To List Penn Quarter Home: Figure 4

Taylor Gourmet Co-Founder To List Penn Quarter Home: Figure 5

See other articles related to: taylor gourmet, casey patten

This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/this_weeks_find_apartment_therapy_creds_and_a_famous_owner/7315

1. mona said at 7:50 pm on Tuesday July 16, 2013:
    His sandwiches are so good I hope he is buying something bigger. I want to see him in a palatial mansion for making such great sandwiches. I think I will go get one now.
  1. smn-dc said at 10:12 pm on Tuesday July 16, 2013:
    800 square-foot condo for almost 1/2 a million? Even if it is in a prime location, I'm sorry but all the free sandwiches still doesn't justify the price tag.
  1. Mer said at 11:31 pm on Tuesday July 16, 2013:
    The sofa. Where do I find the sofa? That thing is amazing.
  1. MRV said at 5:23 am on Wednesday July 17, 2013:
    I thought he still lived above his Taylor Gourmet on H St NE? Where can I buy THAT property. I'd live there more than I'd live in a stuffy condo building in Penn Quarter!
  1. Duponter said at 3:51 pm on Wednesday July 17, 2013:
    $489K for 800 square feet is not altogether unreasonable in DC. Not sure when you've looked around at listing, but that's a common size for a one bedroom and a common price for one as well. Penn Quarter ain't cheap.
  1. JLR said at 8:35 pm on Sunday July 21, 2013:
    Is the terrace common or private?
  1. Brock said at 10:34 pm on Monday July 22, 2013:
    Is it just me or listing pictures starting to look a little too HDR? What is this, 300? Seriously, though, awesome place. I had a Vine St for lunch. Thanks, Casey. -B