What's Hot: Washington Spirit Owner Michele Kang Lists DC Home for $14.5 Million | The Smallest Home on the Market in DC
NoVa Best New Listings: Roof Terrace, 14-foot Windows, Stone Patio
In this week’s NoVa Best New Listings, we take a look at a West Alexandria three-bedroom home with enormous 14-foot widows, a four-story modern townhouse in Old Town with its own rooftop terrace, and a one-level Del Ray cottage with a shady stone patio.
Old Town Modern Townhouse with Private Roof Deck
Rooftop terraces are great. Sharing a rooftop terrace with a ton of fellow apartment-dwellers isn’t always so great. This four-level contemporary Old Town townhouse, which is two blocks from the Braddock Road Metro station, solves the problem of chatty strangers spoiling the mood whenever you want to take in some rooftop views. It has its own spacious private outdoor terrace, complete with wet bar…and completely free of neighbors.
- Full Listing: 1121 Wythe Street, Alexandria, Va. (map)
- Price: $869,000
- Bedrooms: Three
- Bathrooms: Four
- Year Built: 2002
- Listing Agent: Patricia Cornelio, McEnearney Associates, Inc.
Del Ray Cottage with Stone Patio, Open Floorplan
From the curb, this three-bedroom Del Ray cottage looks like it should have a potbelly stove and wood paneling on the inside. Instead, this one-level home has a nice open floor plan, beautiful new wood floors, and updated light fixtures. Those who appreciate a sleek interior but also like a little bit of a storybook vibe can get their fix of quaint by sitting out front on the home’s charming stone patio.
- Full Listing: 2404 E. Randolph Avenue, Alexandria, Va. (map)
- Price: $499,900
- Bedrooms: Three
- Bathrooms: One
- Year Built: 1961
- Listing Agent: Robyn Bomar, Weichert Realtors
West End Colonial with Double-Height Living Room
Specially shaped and/or oversized windows are beautiful, even though it’s a bit of a pain to shop for window treatments that fit them. The 14-foot windows in this three-bedroom Alexandria colonial would be worth the trouble. Actually, in this case, it would probably be acceptable to just forgo the window coverings altogether, as the view is of a pretty wooded park.
- Full Listing: 2621 Gadsby Place, Alexandria, Va. (map)
- Price: $649,900
- Bedrooms: Three
- Bathrooms: Three
- Year Built: 1995
- Listing Agent: David Bediz, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
See other articles related to: best new listings
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/nova_best_new_listings_roof_terrace_14-foot_windows_stone_patio/5661.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Our guide for amateur landlords who don't really know what they're doing.... read »
Whole Foods announced yesterday that the 47,000 square foot store will open on June 2... read »
The Massachusetts Avenue Heights home was previously owned by the former chief execut... read »
A large new apartment and townhouse project has been pitched for the growing pipeline... read »
With Dan and Tanya Snyder moving out of River View, the region may soon have a very e... read »
Virginia's homebuyer assistance programs can seem complex. This edition of First-Time... read »
The residential projects that have sprouted up on the Maryland and DC sides of the Fr... read »
With a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, the redevelopment of the Georgetown Wes... read »
The 23,600 square-foot mansion just hit the market, and would set a record if it fetc... read »
The immaculately kept 100-year-old house features six bedrooms and four-and-a-half ba... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- The Essential Guide to Being an Amateur Landlord in DC
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed to Open at End of June
- Washington Spirit Owner Michele Kang Lists DC Home for $14.5 Million
- A Two-Phase, 370-Unit Development Pitched For Columbia Pike Gas Station Site
- Will This Be the Most Expensive Home on the Market in the DC Area?
- First-Timer Primer: Virginia's Home Buyer Assistance Programs
- Mall Conversions, Trader Joes? The 1,500 Units in the Friendship Heights Pipeline
- The Four Seasons Private Residences in Georgetown Break Ground
- DC's Blaine Mansion Lists For $30 Million, A Potentially Record-Setting Price in the City
- Now Selling: A 16th Street Heights Victorian on an Island of Its Own
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro