loading...

Four Points’ 70-Unit Anacostia Project Moves Forward

by Lark Turner

Four Points' 70-Unit Anacostia Project Moves Forward: Figure 1

A Four Points project on Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue in Anacostia moved forward at a Zoning Commission hearing on Monday night.

The project at 2255 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE (map) has about 70 units, 80 percent of which will be designated affordable, with the remaining 20 percent rented at market rate. On Monday, the commission agreed to let the project move forward to final approval after little debate.

Four Points' 70-Unit Anacostia Project Moves Forward: Figure 2

Some of the project’s units will be live/work studios. The Zoning Commission made the decision to move forward with the project unanimously, meaning it’s very likely to be granted final approval.

“I think they’ve done a good job of trying to make it fit,” Commissioner Peter May said, referencing architectural changes made to the project.

This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/four_points_anacostia_project_moves_forward/9515

2 Comments

  1. jafoi said at 7:34 pm on Wednesday February 11, 2015:
    Can you explain what a "live/work unit" is in the context of this project? Does it just mean more sq footage than the normal 400sq ft studio? Or is it something more than that?
  1. rjmarvel said at 7:38 pm on Wednesday February 11, 2015:
    Essentially the ground floor units have barn style doors which can section of the kitchen and bedroom areas from the main living/art studio areas? They also have a larger more commercial storefront glazing.

DC Real Estate Guides

Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market

We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!