The District Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is not the only entity auctioning off vacant properties in DC.
Last week, the Alex Cooper Auction House began listing properties across the city (and in Takoma Park) for an online auction. Most of the properties, which range from vacant lots to potential condo conversions, have valid building permits and/or plans attached. The Alex Cooper Auction House brokered the DHCD auctions this year and last year, and the upcoming auction is the first in what may become a quarterly offering of development opportunities in the city.
The properties that will be auctioned include:
- A lot at 751 Columbia Road NW (map), as well as the adjacent rowhouses at 753 and 755 Columbia Road NW. The latter two are both permitted as three condo units. While all three sites are being auctioned individually, those offers will be held in reserve and an additional lot will include all three sites with a deposit of $60,000 and a starting bid of $300,000; whichever route is more profitable will dictate the winner of the sale(s).
- A 3,054 square-foot multi-family property in need of renovations at 2517 Ontario Road NW (map).
- A gutted, 832 square-foot single-family house at 345 Kentucky Avenue SE (map). The property is permitted to add an English basement, a rear addition and a roof deck.
- A gutted, 1,100 square-foot single-family house at 1417 K Street SE (map). The property is permitted to add two stories, a rear extension, and a double-sided roof deck.
- A standalone brick façade on the lot at 711 16th Street NE (map). The property has a permit to construct two stacked three-bedroom, three-bathroom condos.
- A 2,382 square-foot end-unit duplex with garage at 1201 Potomac Avenue SE (map), containing a three-bedroom, 2.5-bath unit above a two-bedroom, two-bath.
- A gutted single-family house at 26 16th Street SE (map) with permits to add an English basement and a balcony.
- A nearly-gutted, 1,256 square-foot single-family house at 5413 7th Street NW (map) with permits to be converted into two condos.
- A 0.184-acre lot with permits for a single-family home at 308 Philadelphia Avenue (map) in Takoma Park.
- Single-family homes which need to be renovated or completed at:
With the exception of the lot with three properties in one, each property has an initial deposit of $20,000 and the bidding will open at $100,000. Additional details and guided tour dates and times are on the website. Bidding opens September 12th.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/fifteen-100000-dc-properties-to-be-auctioned-next-month/15771.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The storied unit along P Street is now looking for a new owner.... read »
There are five projects in the works around Audi Field which could bring nearly thous... read »
TideLock is a mixed-use development that will consist of 169 apartments and 65 condom... read »
DC is getting close to meeting Mayor Muriel Bowser's goal of producing 36,000 new ho... read »
The share of homes priced above $1 million continues to rise in the city.... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro