A home in Colonial Village.
Colonial Village is a DC neighborhood that most city residents would be hard pressed to find on a map. It is a small area of about 80 houses located at the northern tip of the DC diamond.
Despite its low-key reputation, median home prices have skyrocketed in the neighborhood in 2016, jumping from $828,000 to $1,067,500 or 29 percent in just a year’s time. Listing prices have followed suit, rising 33 percent to $1.162 million.
The home sales are almost completely limited to detached, four-bedroom single-family houses; this property size and segment makes up approximately 85 percent of the residences sold in the neighborhood this year. While sales volume is never very high in Colonial Village, given the fact that there aren’t a lot of homes there, the marked increase in prices illustrates the growing popularity of the neighborhood.
Here are a couple other interesting data points on the neighborhood market:
- Homes are selling 27 percent faster than last year on average.
- Not one condo or co-op sold in the neighborhood this year.
- Home Price Watch: A Tale of Two Markets in Palisades
- Why North Cleveland Park Is One of DC’s Hottest Housing Markets
- The Effects of the Chronically Low Housing Supply in AU Park
- Home Sales Increase 50 Percent in Bloomingdale as Supply Dives
- Home Price Watch: The High Volume Market of Columbia Heights
- Logan Circle Market on Cruise Control as Median Prices Approach $700,000
- Higher Prices, More Competition: The True Heat of the Anacostia Housing Market
- Home Price Watch: A 10 Percent Increase in 16th Street Heights
- Home Price Watch: Prices Rise 21 Percent in Deanwood
- Georgetown Home Buyers Still Cash-Rich and Quick to Commit
- Home Price Watch: Homes Selling Fast in Eckington as Supply Increases
- The Mount Pleasant Housing Market Steps on the Gas
- Home Price Watch: Takoma Park Prices Rise 20 Percent
- Home Price Watch: The Fast-Moving Market in Petworth
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the_30_price_increase_in_dcs_colonial_village/11911.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
In this edition of First-Timer Primer, we look at the ins and outs of the 203k loan.... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor will go before DC's B... read »
Today, we highlight the five DC neighborhoods that have been the most affordable to h... read »
A federal government shutdown at the end of this week looks more and more likely, and... read »
The national housing market has gained a tremendous amount of value in recent years, ... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
An application filed with DC this week signals the end is nigh for a McDonald's locat... read »
Madison Highland Live/Work Lofts has plans in the works to convert the 12-story offic... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro