With the spring housing market underway, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Shepherd Park.
Shepherd Park is a neighborhood largely of single-family homes bounded on the west by 16th Street, and on the east by Georgia and Eastern Avenues. While it is not a place where homes come on the market frequently, it has proven to be a very brisk market this year. Home prices are up 27 percent in 2020 compared to the same period last year and despite the jump in prices, 80 percent of homes sold within ten days of hitting the market.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Shepherd Park market.
- $940,000 -- The median price for homes sold in 2020 in Shepherd Park, up 27 percent from the first half of 2019.
- 1.33 -- The months of supply of homes for sale on the market in Shepherd Park.
- 80% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 1.20 -- The contract ratio (the total number of homes under contract in a given period to the overall number of active listings) in the first quarter of 2020.
- 4 days -- The median number of days homes spent on the market this year.
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-shepherd-park-housing-market-by-the-numbers/16969.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The preferred mortgage product among most home buyers is the fixed-rate mortgage. How... read »
Eights month after a new proposal to redevelop part of the Takoma Metro station was p... read »
The new images provide a better sense of the big residential plans in the works for t... read »
On Tuesday, the Federal Housing Finance Agency announced an increase to mortgage loan... read »
More employers are demanding that employees come back to the office; children on the ... read »
To help home buyers and sellers both novice and seasoned, UrbanTurf is running a seri... read »
As home buyers get the itch to look for a home and start to venture out to open house... read »
Plans for the New York-based eatery appear to be moving forward.... read »
The development for four parcels at The Yards from Brookfield Properties and the Menk... read »
The concept includes 14 lanes for bowling, a 1,200 person concert venue, a craft bar ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro