A new report by condo sales and marketing firm McWilliams|Ballard aggregates sales and pipeline information from 2019 to lend some context to the areawide new condo market. Below, UrbanTurf picks out some of the more interesting data points from the report.
- 12% — The year-over-year increase in DC-area new condo sales between 2018 and 2019.
- 20% — The year-over-year increase in new condo sales in DC proper, accounting for 48% of the new condos sold areawide last year.
- 51% — The year-over-year increase in new condo sales in Loudoun County, accounting for 14% of the new condos sold areawide last year.
- Over 60% — The share of new condos sold in DC in 2019 that started sales in 2019.
- 3.2 years — The years of future new condo supply areawide from 2020-2022 that is currently in the pipeline and hasn't begun sales yet.
- 62% — The share of new condos sold in DC last year which were in buildings larger than six units; the share was 54% in 2018.
- 58% — The share of new condos sold areawide last year which were townhouse-style or in two-over-two buildings; 42% of these units were in Loudoun County.
- 0.8 — The years of new condo supply in DC in 2019. In the area, only Prince William County, Arlington and Prince George's County had a lower supply, respectively at 0.6, 0.4 and 0.3 years.
- 2,325 — The number of new condo units in the pipeline in DC proper. Areawide, there are 7,059 new condo units in the pipeline.
Thumbnail rendering of the City Ridge development in DC.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-2019-dc-area-new-condo-market-by-the-numbers/16501.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UrbanTurf created Pipeline, a searchable database of multifamily projects that are un... read »
As we head towards the end of the year, UrbanTurf is wrapping up its coverage of larg... read »
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by... read »
The plans for the new two-building residential project at Union Market got a big thum... read »
Today, UrbanTurf takes a look at the distinct differences between these two popular f... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
WTOP is reporting that The Heights, an eight-stall food hall that is taking over the ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro