Amid the changing housing market, Zillow has released its latest Consumer Housing Trends report for buyers.
Below, UrbanTurf pulls out some of the more interesting stats pertaining to U.S. homebuyers in 2022:
- 44 — The median age of homebuyers, up from 43 last year.
- 77% — The percentage of homebuyers who purchased a detached, single-family house.
- 45% — The percentage of first-time homebuyers, up from 37% in 2021.
- 2 — The number of offers the median homebuyer made before they were successful.
- 23% -- The percentage of buyers who paid for a home without a mortgage.
- 13% -- The percentage of buyers who did not get an inspection prior to buying their home.
- 54% — The percentage of buyers who said they would be at least somewhat confident making an offer on a home after seeing a virtual tour, but not an in-person viewing.
Zillow surveyed over 4,900 homebuyers between March and July 2022.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/more-first-timers-less-inspections-us-homebuyers-in-2022-by-the-numbers/20101.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Harry Wardman is responsible for developing huge swaths of northwest DC, from row hou... read »
The neighborhoods where prices have risen the most have one thing in common.... read »
UrbanTurf reached out to a local economist to see which direction home prices are hea... read »
Here are some precautions to take before buying real estate with a buddy.... read »
Intersect at O includes five dramatic elevator townhomes, designed for luxury living.... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 14 years, it is critically impor... read »
Before deciding to build an addition to your rowhouse, find out whether you'll need t... read »
A stately five-bedroom Woodley Park house has been home to not one, not two, but thre... read »
A look at the residential projects in the works within a block or two of Dave Thomas ... read »
The most active developer in the Union Market has more plans on the boards.... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro