What's Hot: Washington Spirit Owner Michele Kang Lists DC Home for $14.5 Million | The Smallest Home on the Market in DC
From 9,278 Sales to $9.1 Million: DC's Housing Market in 2019, By the Numbers
With the 2019 housing market in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market last year.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
- 9,278 -- The number of homes that sold in 2019, up 3% from 2018.
- 4,534 -- The number of condos and co-ops that sold in 2019.
- $585,000 -- The median home sales price in 2019, the highest annual level on record for DC.
- $1.262 million -- The average price of a detached home with 4+ bedrooms in 2019.
- $9.1 million -- The sales price for the most expensive home sold last year.
- $49,500 -- The sales price for the least expensive home sold.
- 44% -- The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less.
- 17% -- The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million.
- $765 -- The median price per square foot in West End.
- 1.62 -- The months of available housing supply in the fourth quarter in 2019.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/from-9278-to-91-million-dcs-housing-market-in-2019-by-the-numbers/16335.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Our guide for amateur landlords who don't really know what they're doing.... read »
The Heights, a ten-stall food hall that is taking over the spaces formerly occupied b... read »
Whole Foods announced yesterday that the 47,000 square foot store will open on June 2... read »
The Massachusetts Avenue Heights home was previously owned by the former chief execut... read »
A large new apartment and townhouse project has been pitched for the growing pipeline... read »
Virginia's homebuyer assistance programs can seem complex. This edition of First-Time... read »
The residential projects that have sprouted up on the Maryland and DC sides of the Fr... read »
With a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, the redevelopment of the Georgetown Wes... read »
The 23,600 square-foot mansion just hit the market, and would set a record if it fetc... read »
The immaculately kept 100-year-old house features six bedrooms and four-and-a-half ba... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- The Essential Guide to Being an Amateur Landlord in DC
- Friendship Heights Food Hall Could Open This Month
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed to Open at End of June
- Washington Spirit Owner Michele Kang Lists DC Home for $14.5 Million
- A Two-Phase, 370-Unit Development Pitched For Columbia Pike Gas Station Site
- First-Timer Primer: Virginia's Home Buyer Assistance Programs
- Mall Conversions, Trader Joes? The 1,500 Units in the Friendship Heights Pipeline
- The Four Seasons Private Residences in Georgetown Break Ground
- DC's Blaine Mansion Lists For $30 Million, A Potentially Record-Setting Price in the City
- Now Selling: A 16th Street Heights Victorian on an Island of Its Own
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro