Last year's housing market in the DC area was wild for many reasons. Record prices, scarce inventory, and frequent bidding wars were just some of the main themes.
With 2021 in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the market last year.
- 80,582 -- The number of homes that sold in the DC region in 2021, up 13.5% from 2020.
- $530,000 -- The median home price in the DC region in 2021, the highest price on record.
- $50.8 billion -- The total sales volume in the area, up 22% from 2020.
- 39,505 -- The number of homes that sold for above asking in the region last year.
- $48 million -- The sales price for the most expensive home sold in the region last year.
- $35,000 -- The sales price for the least expensive home sold in DC last year.
- 49% -- The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less in DC.
- 23% -- The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million in DC.
Data above was provided by Bright MLS.
Photo courtesy of HomeVisit.
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/from-80000-sales-to-51-billion-the-dc-area-housing-market-in-2021/19145
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The H Street Corridor once epitomized DC's development boom, but construction activit... read »
Following a bankruptcy auction, sale closed on the property last November.... read »
The new home also has an owner's suite that spreads out over 3,300 square feet.... read »
UrbanTurf is taking a look at what we think will be the three metrics that will deter... read »
Built in 1840, the home has been home to members of Congress and presidential cabinet... read »
UrbanTurf is re-running its primer on property taxes which outlines a few things that... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
The upzoning would mandate additional Inclusionary Zoning units for developments alon... read »
The Shaw pipeline is starting the year off hot.... read »
Is U Street regaining steam as the development center of gravity in the neighborhood?... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro