UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Palisades, which sits between MacArthur Boulevard and Potomac River.
Unlike the majority of neighborhoods in DC, Palisades saw home prices drop ever so slightly this year. However, that was not the case for large detached homes, which saw prices rise about 7% and sell on average in about ten days. Home sales overall are up significantly from last year which means that there isn't a large supply of homes on the market currently.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Palisades market.
- $1.17 million -- The median home price in Palisades, a drop of 3% compared to 2020.
- $2.084 million -- The median home price for a detached home with 4+ bedrooms, an increase of 7.3% compared to 2020.
- 50 -- The number of homes sold in Palisades this year, up 60% compared to last year.
- 1.0 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in the second quarter of 2021, down 17% compared to last year.
- Surging: The Takoma Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Bethesda: A Sit-It-Out Market
- Crestwood: The Demand is "Like a Tsunami"
- The Sky High Demand on Capitol Hill
- Georgetown: The Competition is Back
- Chevy Chase: The Seller's Market
- Mount Pleasant: No Longer Undervalued
- Del Ray: 5 Days or Less
- Logan Circle: Standard Competition
- LeDroit Park, The DC Neighborhood Where Home Prices Are Up 50%
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/detached-in-demand-the-palisades-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18613.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UrbanTurf created Pipeline, a searchable database of multifamily projects that are un... read »
As we head towards the end of the year, UrbanTurf is wrapping up its coverage of larg... read »
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by... read »
The plans for the new two-building residential project at Union Market got a big thum... read »
Today, UrbanTurf takes a look at the distinct differences between these two popular f... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
WTOP is reporting that The Heights, an eight-stall food hall that is taking over the ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro