With the 2018 housing market in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market last year.
- 9,042 -- The number of homes that sold in 2018.
- 1,783 -- The number of homes that sold for all cash.
- $570,000 -- The median home sales price in 2018, the highest annual level on record for DC.
- $399,000 -- The median sales price for a home in 2011.
- $1,274,502 -- The average price of a detached home in 2018.
- $16.5 million -- The sales price for the most expensive home sold.
- $24,900 -- The sales price for the least expensive home sold.
- 23% -- The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less.
- 16 -- The number of homes that have been on the market for more than two years.
- 16% -- The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million.
- $754 -- The median price per square foot in West End.
- 1.73 -- The months of available housing supply in December 2018, a 20% year-over-year jump.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/dcs-housing-market-by-the-numbers/14894.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The 30,000 square-foot home has been privately offered for sale since 2018.... read »
DC's Office of Planning recently looked at DC's migration patterns in 2022. Today, Ur... read »
The residential conversion at a former bowling alley in DC is moving forward, and new... read »
When interest rates doubled in the second half of 2022, activity in the regional hous... read »
A new plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of DC's Chin... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
Why condo fees are high in some buildings and low in others can be a difficult questi... read »
Dupont Circle’s Swann House, a former 15-bedroom bed and breakfast, will be listed ... read »
The two-building project will include approximately 825 residential units, 151 lodgin... read »
The development will be located a few blocks south of the Takoma Metro station.... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro