For months following the announcement that Amazon's second headquarters was on its way, the effects could be seen in the Arlington housing market. Now, that effect appears to be waning.
Below, UrbanTurf plucked out a few numbers that illustrate the current state of the Arlington real estate market.
- $590,000 -- The median home price in September, up 13 percent year-over-year.
- $1.09 million -- The average price for a detached home in September.
- 8.7% -- The percentage drop in closed sales in September, the largest drop for a local jurisdiction.
- 51% -- The percentage drop in active inventory between September 2018 and September 2019.
- 1.15 -- The monthly supply of homes for sale on the market. This is the highest level since November 2018.
- 0.96 -- The number of contracts per active listing in September, the second month in a row that this ratio has dropped below 1.0.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/cooling-off-the-arlington-housing-market-by-the-numbers-in-september/16011.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
A stately five-bedroom Woodley Park house has been home to not one, not two, but thre... read »
The European grocery store chain announced Monday that its new store at Skyland Town ... read »
Add another residential development to the pipeline coming to Columbia Pike. ... read »
There have been a number of development plans for the Exxon gas station site on the w... read »
As the Shakespeare Theatre Company moves forward yet again with redevelopment plans ... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 14 years, it is critically impor... read »
Before deciding to build an addition to your rowhouse, find out whether you'll need t... read »
UrbanTurf takes a look at the options DC homeowners and residents have to take advant... read »
Eastbanc and Jamestown have filed a planned unit development with DC's Zoning Commiss... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro