“If I Had $1 Million” Listing: Outdoor Oasis in Logan Circle

by Mark Wellborn

For this week’s If I Had $1 Million listing, we head over to a Logan Circle property with tons of outdoor space on arguably one of the most picturesque blocks in the 20009 zip code, Corcoran between 13th and 14th. Converted in 2006, the main level of this four-bedroom townhouse condo has a large living room/kitchen with a gas fireplace, a powder room, a formal dining room, and a deck off the back, the first of three outdoor spaces for the unit. The bedrooms are located on the second level, including a large master suite. A staircase off the back of this level takes you up to the home’s piece de resistance: an expansive private rooftop deck with a custom-built pergola and an amazing view of the Washington Monument. The entire house, including the roof, has a centrally-controlled audio system. In addition to having a low condo fee for a unit this size ($225/month), the listing price also includes parking in the back. More details and photos below.

1323 Corcoran Street NW
Living Room
Master Bedroom
Roof Deck
  • Address: 1323 Corcoran Street NW, #2 (map)
  • Price: $1,375,000
  • Bedrooms: Four
  • Bathrooms: 3.5
  • For the full listing, click here.

This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/if_i_had_1_million_listing_outdoor_oasis_in_logan_circle/2047

1. Shamala said at 9:20 am on Friday May 7, 2010:

I see nothing here that justifies a price tag of nearly $1.4M. Prices in DC are getting ridiculous.

1. Clare said at 9:50 am on Friday May 7, 2010:

Wow. I love the rooftop deck! I used to walk down this block all the time and agree with the writer that it is one of the prettiest in Logan.

1. emerald said at 10:09 am on Friday May 7, 2010:

Interesting.  I couldn’t find the dining room on the floorplan.  I realized the main level master bedroom is the dining room.

1. SimonF said at 10:51 am on Friday May 7, 2010:

Priced about right to me. I think buyers don’t understand the premium you now have to pay to live in neighborhoods like Logan and Dupont these days when inventory is pretty scarce.

1. gemini said at 2:39 pm on Friday May 7, 2010:

“Priced about right”?

While Dupont and Logan are both nice, the prices are insane.  The neighborhood is great (I live there), but sellers are out of their minds if they think a townhouse nowhere near a metro is worth 1.4 million dollars.

We’re looking to buy, and you wouldn’t believe the absolute crap that people are listing at 1M—and guess what, they aren’t selling at that price.

It’s now a game of chicken.  We earn 300K a year, and we will be renting until home prices settle somewhere more reasonable.

1. DG Cromwell said at 5:37 pm on Friday May 7, 2010:

The 1.4 mil must have to do with the big painting/picture above the fireplace.

1. F. Spitzer said at 10:59 pm on Friday May 7, 2010:

As one of the other commenters wrote, there is a lot of crap in Dupont and Logan for $1.0 and above.  To pay a little more for something nice with a lot of outdoor space is not unreasonable.  If you want to pay less than $1 million in this neighborhood, you are gonna get crap. Its just the way it is. People who don’t like it, move to Virginia, out by Dulles.

1. Melissa said at 11:01 pm on Friday May 7, 2010:

Looks pretty hot to me.  Love the roofdeck and the location.

1. JohnNI said at 11:13 pm on Friday May 7, 2010:

Well, prices are high but the fact is that prices in Logan rose by 3% on average over the past four years.  Prices across the country and some parts of the region declined but not in the hot parts of DC.  Washington is recession proof in some neighborhoods.  Government and lobbying money.

1. Reggie said at 11:52 pm on Friday May 7, 2010:

Couldn’t agree more with you, F. Spitzer. If you think you don’t have to pay a premium now to live in Logan and Dupont Circle, you are crazy. Million dollar homes not nearly as nice as this are the norm these days in these two neighborhoods.

1. Roy said at 7:41 am on Sunday May 9, 2010:

There’s half-naked people partying above the fireplace.

1. former Georgetowner said at 9:41 am on Monday May 10, 2010:

It’s overpriced.  I thought it was overpriced by at least $400K when I thought you got the whole house.

It turns out that it’s actually a condo.  So it’s even more overpriced than I thought.

1. Jordan said at 10:31 pm on Monday May 10, 2010:

Former Georgetowner-surprised to hear you say this. Georgetown has some of the highest price tags in the city.

1. Anonymous said at 1:11 am on Wednesday May 12, 2010:

I live on this block.  This unit seems to be aggressively priced.  1522 Kingman sold in February for $945,000.  That’s another pretty block one block away, it was of comparable size and it was for the entire house.  Last week 1326 Corcoran—a house across the street—sold for $1.2 million.  That was also for the entire house, and a much larger property with rental unit.  Seriously, how much is it to put in a roof deck?

On the other hand, someone paid $949,500 for the downstairs unit in this house last October, and my guess is that the pricing for the upstairs unit is based on that sale.  But I was very surprised someone paid that much for it.

1. David said at 12:44 pm on Thursday May 13, 2010:

Is it worth it? Well, as offended as I am by the price, it does seem to be a ton of space, nicely laid out, and very nice finishes. On the other hand, it appears to be a walkup (at least I don’t see an elevator)- that’s a lot of stairs! Also, I couldn’t see where the front door to the unit is from the floor plan.

“Worth it” is all relative- relative to whether someone has that much money, and wants to pay it for that particular product. I have had a hard time selling my condo on 10th Street between L and M. Short sales and foreclosures in my building have made my price seem high. Am I “overpriced”? I argue that I am not based on the value for the money that you get with my unit- a great location and building; nice layout; designer lighting, paint and paper; custom mirrors; and a spectacular landscaped 25-foot terrace with a downtown view. I think I just need to wait it out another six months to a year to get the price I want. When I see things like this, I know that my price is fair, and that someone will pay it. You can see it here if you like:  http://www.homevisit.com/tour/mrisTour.asp?id=41063&ver;=

1. Dave said at 7:04 pm on Friday May 14, 2010:

@ “Anonymous” funny, I also live on this block, (have for years) and saw the house that sold for 1.2.  The kitchen was dark and tiny, the stairs creaked, were rickety and old, Bathrooms needed updating, the layout was strange, and the property including the basement needed work.  They were lucky to get what they got, after taking it off the market because it sat. I have also seen this home, and was living here when it was newly rebuilt in 2006.  The expansive roof deck is only an added perk. If you did actually live on this block you would be happy the values were increasing.  I am, and wish the sellers the best of luck selling their lovely home and welcome the new buyers to our beautiful street.

1. Dave said at 7:08 pm on Friday May 14, 2010:

@ Jordan, I guess that why he is “FORMER Georgetowner”

1. James said at 10:31 am on Sunday May 16, 2010:

OPEN HOUSE TODAY, SUNDAY MAY 16, 2-4!  Come see this SPECTACULAR home for yourself!