Construction on Anacostia’s W Street Townhouses Could Begin By End of Year

image
Condo section of W Street project. Courtesy of PGN Architects.

Construction and pre-sales could start by the end of the year on the W Street townhome and condo project, the first significant new-construction residential development in Historic Anacostia. The project will be a joint partnership between local developer Four Points and national home builder Comstock Homes, and will consist of 16 two-family homes, seven townhouses and a single-family home that will replicate a property that previously sat on the site of the project at W Street SE and 13th Street SE (map)

image
Rendering courtesy of PGN Architects.

Stan Voudrie of Four Points, LLC told UrbanTurf that the project will likely be presented to the historic review board in September and that a model and construction could start by the end of the year or the first quarter of 2012. The development, designed by PGN Architects, will include 32 duplex-style condos and seven three-bedroom single-family homes with parking and front porches.

Similar Posts:

See other articles related to: dclofts, dc condos, anacostia

This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/construction_on_anacostia_townhouse_condo_project_could_begin_by_end_of_yea/3766

1. NavyYardWorker said at 9:36 am on Thursday July 7, 2011:

Looking on google streets, I guess the walk to the metro just might be a deterrent. I really don’t know much about Anacostia.  I wonder what the pricing will look like.

1. Ana Res said at 9:47 am on Thursday July 7, 2011:

Such great news!

1. Mr DC said at 10:27 am on Thursday July 7, 2011:

The walk to the metro could be a deterrent, but that’s just a block from the (likely) location of the new streetcar line, so that should be taken into consideration.

1. David Garber said at 11:33 am on Thursday July 7, 2011:

How is the walk to Metro, a mere 4 blocks away, a deterrent?

1. NavyYardWorker said at 2:39 pm on Thursday July 7, 2011:

dave

It looks just a tad sketchy to me - empty lots, decrepit looking storefronts, etc.  I’m not saying that it couldn’t be good housing - I’m just thinking that should impact the price point.

Mr DC - Good point about the streetcar

1. Robert DeWitty said at 3:39 pm on Thursday July 7, 2011:

I walk to the Metro everyday ... never had any problems.  We also park in the neighborhood and take the Metro to the ballpark.  Its like the Petworth Station, circa. 2002 (we used to live in Petworth).  Bob

1. StringsAttached said at 3:50 pm on Thursday July 7, 2011:

As a resident of SE and driver past this future project I would like to point out a few things.

1. I hope they have a plan for the road/traffic as it is currently a one way street.
    2. If you pay very close attention to the Google Map street view, there is a bus stop directly across the street from where the homes will be. For the sake of property values, I would hope the line would stay.
    3. I would not walk to the Anacostia station (because it is a bit sketchy…ESPECIALLY at night in the station area) and also because I would rather take the bus which would have a direct artery (13th St) to 395 and go to L’Enfant since you would have access to the more popular Yellow line.
    4. There is a development going up across the street from the Anacostia station and another futher up from it which could help make it a bit safer with more foot traffic.
    5. The area where the homes are going to be built is actually very quiet (outside of the morning rush hour traffic).

Overall this would be an excellent buy for anyone who wants to be in DC, have quick access to the city through metro in addition to MD, VA, 295, 395, and the waterfront/anacostia park. Oh yeah and as was mentioned earlier, may be close to the street car. If I were a real estate agent, I would keep this one on my radar and really learn the selling points of the area.